worried

after the second one comes that my daughter will get mad that she not the one that is being held and like flip out on us

williamswife522

Asked by williamswife522 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• i thought my dd would do the same thing but she's been really helpful with the new baby...but dh and i make saturday "her day" where it's just us and her and we get my mom to watch the baby...we also remind her every day how much we love her and how important she is :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have the same worry. I am also concerned about how I will be able to love my second as much... I am sure it will be a difficult adjustment for eveyone. My son (will be 2 1/2 when baby comes) is pretty nice to people. I imagine that he will get jealous at times, but I have to believe that after the first few months he will love his little brother or sister (they are always easier to love when they sleep through the night).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• like sophia wakes me up at night bc od dreams and she sleeps on her daddy when she has a dream bc she can sleep one me so idk
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• my dd does too & she just turned 3 in july, you'll manage somehow, my dh dosen't get up with either of the kids in the middle of the night (but he works i'm a sahm so i don't mind getting up with both of them) you'll just have to tell her the baby needs you too. how big is your bed? maybe she could sleep in the middle of you & your man and put the baby in a bassinet beside your bed (that's what we do when our oldest wakes up, put her in the middle)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• its big but like she moves alot
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• mine does too...she hit me in the face last night in her sleep lol but seriously, you'll manage it's not as bad as you think it will be, i thought it would be hard b/c my dd gets in the bed with us sometimes but i keep the baby in my room in the bassinet so she don't squish him... i thought she'd get jealous but she does great, i think at her age she understands a little better though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• like sophias 3 but like she doesnt like mommy hold another baby unleast its her
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• josie was the same way but it'll be different when it's "her baby" , let her talk to your belly and let her help with the baby's room and stuff like that so she'll get an idea of what to expect GL i promise it's not that bad, she'll do fine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• like knows bc im due christmnas eve
    like she knows but she dosnt want it here she hits my belly
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• hmm...i never had that problem with josie, she's a sweet kid, if she ever hit my belly or the baby i would spank her butt, good luck, like i said i never had that problem b/c josie is a sweet heart
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2009