I have dark brown hair and blonde highlights. I am tired of the blonde. I want to go darker. How can I do this without my hair turning orange?

Someone told me to dye it red than dye it brown.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Personally I'd just add the darker color in there. I only have hair turn orange when I try to go lighter not darker

Answer by admckenzie at 3:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• no red! they have this stuff at sally beauty supply called 'un red' it will keep it from turning orange, there will still be hi lights but they will be a lighter brown than the rest of your hair
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I had brown with blonde highlights. I had her do the base color a red/cinnamony color, and then we added bronze highlights and kept some of the blonde. It turned out very nice, I think. I would have liked to cover more of the blonde, but I can do that next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• if you naturally have a red tint to your hair, then the "unred" is a good deal. If you have no red in your hair naturally then DON'T put any there. There has to be red in there somewhere to turn your hair orange. Normally orange is not an issue when you are going darker, just when you are going lighter. This isn't in every case, but it most it is like that.
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 4:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Do not add red!
    ponchinmom

Answer by ponchinmom at 4:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• let it grow out.... I will tell u from exp.. i had the same problem, but my hole head was blond and I tried to color it and baaaaaammmm! I looked like a carrot! so let it grow out!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009