I drink around 1700 calories from the time I wake up and eat another 1000 before bed

If I give up the calories from asst. beverages and bedtime snacking I should be able to loose some weight, Right?
My belly is as big as it is when I have been pregnant but the rest of me isn't really all that big.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Calorie counting alone may not work - because you'll end up feeling deprived and that is what causes us to fail at diets. When I needed to drop some pounds AND reduce my cholesterol - I went to Smart Ones meals for dinner, cut out ALLLLLLL soda, Ate breakfast religiously, skimped on lunch, had healthy snacks - so all in all I was eating more and lost weight. I also found some great exercises that I could do that toned up my tummy, love handles, and back. I dropped about 12 pounds in a month.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yea just cut out all beverages and just drink water. and you shouldn't eat right before you sleep. your body doesn't metabolize the food fast enough and it just turns into fat. but you should try something like the special k diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Simple fact - burn more calories than you consume & you lose weight. 3500 calories lost = 1 lb lost. If you cut the bedtime snacks & drink water instead.... that's nearly a pound a day right there. Throw in 30 min of walking or riding a bike.... and you're golden!

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Need some nutritional tips?

There is a new group here on cafe mom called "Daily Nutritional Tips" for healthy weight loss, not only that you'll also find healthy recipes, healthy weight loss plans/programs & so much more. Starting this month they are going to do contests, scavenger hunts etc all around nutrition. Check them out! They have helped me!
    Anonymous

• You are having 2,700 calories a day. That is way too much. Try having 1,200 calories a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009