How would you handle a back stabbing co worker?

I work retail one to two days a week. I only so it to get out of the house? My store is big on Credit card applications? However when I wait on a customer and put them in the fitting room I plant the seed that hey might consider getting a credit card. My asst. manger keeps stealing my sales. She rings them up under herself and knowing already have offered the card signs them up when I am busy and takes credit. I always ring people up under the proper associate and give credit when due. I have already let her know I had that customer and she blew me off. How wold you handle her? It should ot be a bog deal but corporate really pays attention to our credit card sales.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 1:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Confront her. If she still does it speak to your manager about it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• obviously talking to her does not work i would go above and talk to an assistant manager. i work at walmart and there are lots of ppl there like that one was my assistant manager and i had to go to the store manager. retial i have found is just like high school
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Next time she does it say " So that's how you made it to manager, stealing credit. I seeeeee" and then smile. See what she says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You said you have confronted her once. Perhaps confront her one more time. If it continues, go over her head, but there is a trick. Start documenting it. EVERY SINGLE TIME. You can go and yell about this and that all you want, but it is only her word against yours if you do not have the documentation to back it up. Don't get snide or haughty with her, it only makes you like childish and immature. Just document names, dates, times every time it happens. Then when you go above her head, you have the evidence there to prove it.
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 3:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Discuss this with the manager, or contact corporate HR.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• That is so common in retail and it sucks. I am SOOOOO glad I have retired. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009