pregnancy and asthma

I'm 7 months pregnant. My asthma just started acting up about 2 weeks ago. I've heard that using my inhaler isnt good for the baby, but when I called my doctor he said it was alright. Has anyone else had asthma while pregnant? And what is your opinion on inhalers and the health of the baby?

AmyOmommy

Asked by AmyOmommy at 1:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i used mine while prego and a girl at my work has severe asthma she really had no choice it was either that or her air ways would have collapsed. i was on abuterol (sp) and they said it was fine i had to go to the hospital for it when i was prego and they gave me abuterol treatments there if ur ob says its ok then go ahead there r also websites that tell u the risk to the baby of the meds u r taking.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The albuterol is better than the lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe. I have asthma, and used albuterol during both of my pregnancies without any harmful side effects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Asthma medications are fine when you are pregnant. I have hormonally induced asthma so my pregnancies were hell. I was on daily albuterol treatments and steroids. My children are all fine.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 2:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• my athsma was worse when pregnant, my primary and ob told me it was absolutely fine to take my inhaler. its better for te baby than you not breathing!

my cousin kept going into early labor and her doc had her take her inhaler to stop the contractions. id never heard of it before, but hey what ever works.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i have asthma and i used my inhaler with all my pregnancies and my kids show no signs of having it and they are healthy
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009