9 month old

My 9 month old son will not keep his shoes on at all...I am trying to get him used to wearing shoes b/c it is starting to get cold in Oklahoma now and I would like for him to wear shoes during the winter. Is there any method that you moms have found that works to keep them on, other then constantly fighting to put them back on when they kick them off?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a different pair, my daughter hated regular shoes i got her a little pair of baby moccasins and she would wear those, so i just bought more of those and some slippers. she didn't walk when we were out so it didn't matter that they were just cloth, but they were enough to keep her feet warm
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• just use socks. really dont need shoes until they start to walk on public surfaces
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• shoes are not good for their feet at this age.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Hard soled shoes should not be used on a child until they start walking on a regular basis. The moccasins are a wonderful option. That is what I did with my son.
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 3:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Shoes at this age are FINE. Geez. When they start walking, they shouldn't be walking in shoes, but shoes are fine to help keep their feet warm. As long as they fit fine, nothing is going to happen to his feet. Man.

Just keep trying. This is exactly why we started with shoes from the very beginning. They always had shoes on if we went out somewhere even as newborns. We hoped it would prevent the battle later...and with ours, it did.

Just keep going for it and working....if all else fails, duct tape! LOL

And when he does start walking, he should be in barefeet at home, shoes only for protection outside.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i'm in Oklahoma too! DD loves her shoes now that she's 2 but she still take them off. The daycare workers tell me all the kids do the same thing.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2009