whats this called?

Anyone know what the people who call you from the waiting rooms and then bring you into your appointment rooms are called, they will alot of times either just bring you there maybe set up the room a little but they arent nurses, i was told what they were called once but i completely forgot =/

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• nurse aid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• medical assistant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• PAs. Physician's Assistant.
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 3:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• receptionist

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• They are usually MAs in my area....sometimes and very rarely NAs. A PA is able to see you just as a doctor would, including writing prescriptions, only thing is that they have to discuss each case over with a doctor in charge of monitoring them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I used to do this for a Dr. My title was a Medical Assistant. I was also responsible for the patient's vitals, room cleaning and general physician assisting duties.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009