Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats this called?

Anyone know what the people who call you from the waiting rooms and then bring you into your appointment rooms are called, they will alot of times either just bring you there maybe set up the room a little but they arent nurses, i was told what they were called once but i completely forgot =/

Answer Question

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 3 (27 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • nurse aid

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • medical assistant?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • PAs. Physician's Assistant.

    Answer by Eco-Mother at 3:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • receptionist

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • They are usually MAs in my area....sometimes and very rarely NAs. A PA is able to see you just as a doctor would, including writing prescriptions, only thing is that they have to discuss each case over with a doctor in charge of monitoring them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

  • I used to do this for a Dr. My title was a Medical Assistant. I was also responsible for the patient's vitals, room cleaning and general physician assisting duties.

    Answer by m-avi at 12:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.