I have an 11 month old who is starting to eat table food, any reciepe ideas?

jysnda

Asked by jysnda at 2:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My daughter eats whatever we are eating. I just cut it up in small pieces for her (she only has 4 teeth)!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• yes yes and yes lol I have a 2 year old who loves to eat. Needless to say I want to keep her healthy with what she is eatting. Well I knd of sneak veggies into things she wouldn't eat otherwise. Like if you are making spaghetti, cut up squash, bell peppers, and diced turkey. Adds a lot of color which kids love plus there is a added bonus ofr nutritian. Like in the mornings for breakfast, make old fashioned oatmeal which is super high in fiber, add fresh cut up strawberries, nanna's as my daughter calls them, add a little flaz seed oil after the oatmeal cools down just a tad. The flax seed oil helps with digestion and also is great for bones. I have other ideas but my brain is going blank. Good luck sweetie and share any new ideas you may have please..
    mom2hailie

Answer by mom2hailie at 3:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Some ideas are: baked sweet potato, avocado, tofu, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, cucumbers, hummus, cooked beans

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My daughter, once she started table foods, always ate whatever we were eating, just cut up in small pieces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My son eats what we're eating. Sometimes though if he can't have what we're having (tacos for example) then I just give him some finger foods. I really like the single serving vegetables (green beans, peas, carrots) that look like fruit cups because they are the perfect size for babies and toddlers. We also give him fruit from fruit cups too. You got your fruit and veggies, you can add something like a hot dog (cut up really small) or add some cheese crumbles (Kraft makes them small).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Canned fruit, drain the juice and cut in small pieces, soups are good if you drain the juice, cut up canned pasta, anything with pasta, you can even have a tuna sandwich cut up. OR a tuna salad
    Cooked frozen veggies and thawed frozen fruit, mashed potatoes, frozen sqaush,meatloaf
    pancakes,french toast, really anything you guys are eating just hold the seasons and skip condiments and syrup. They don't know it's there unless you give it to them.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't give an 11 month old a hot dog, even if it were cut up small. They could still choke on it.

Anyway, we always gave our kids what we were eating (as long as it was safe for them to eat, not too hard or something they could choke on easily). My kids always loved bananas, strawberries, avocados, beans, peas (frozen are great too, they will thaw and kids love them!), my kids also love scrambled eggs and cheese. Have fun, they don't stay little for very long.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 3:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009