Another jeans question lol. Where can I find cute jeans for my new shape?

Before I got pregnant, I was 18 and a size 7-9. Now, I'll be 20 in a couple of weeks and I can get into size 9s again, but they're really tight through the hips. Basically, my body isn't made for juniors sizes anymore. The thing is, the only non-junior jeans that I've tried on have been terrible! The waist is too high and rolls down really bad, or the butt is really saggy but they fit everywhere else (and I have a huge ass!), or the hips are WAY too wide, etc. Basically, they're the WORST definition of "mom" jeans you could ever imagine! I don't really know where to look (as far as stores goes) for jeans, now. I haven't had a pair of jeans that fits since before I started gaining weight while I was pregnant.

So, any suggestions for jeans that aren't high waisted (I have a belly ring, anyway, and those look weird on me lol) or weird in structure? Thanks ladies, I'm desperate!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I get all my jeans at American Eagle, they have the best fits for women that have had babies. I remember shopping for jeans after I had my daughter and just about had a breakdown in the dressing room because all of a sudden my body had changed.
    Good Luck!!
    You can also go to TJ Maxx or Ross and scour their racks for American Eagle Jeans or any nicer jeans for that matter
    lovemybabygirl7

Answer by lovemybabygirl7 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Have you went to old navy or gap? I would also go to marshells or tj maxx. You can get jeans in the jr's dept you just have to look for boot cut or flare you DON'T want straight leg. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I doubt those will help, since all of my jeans are flare. The issue is the fact that I have hips now lol, and they don't fit into juniors jeans anymore. I had issues when I was just trying to get my huge butt into jeans, but now that I have hips, too, it's pretty much impossible without going up a size and having them too big and almost falling off.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You are going to just have to try on a lot of jeans. I would start with a jeans outlet, like a Levis or Wranglers store/outlet shop and go from there. If you are disproportionate, there is a very good chance you will be buying misses clothes to fit your hip/butt and have to tailor the waist. Misses clothes are usually a little taller/curvier than a jrs. I wear plus sizes, and they have something called Right Fit, but I don't believe there is an equivalent in the smaller sizes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• if you like flare... try the artist flare from american eagle. i'm almost 29, and feel way to old for the majority of the clothes at american eagle but i love those jeans. they are great for everyday/or somewhat dressed up jeans. they come in long and extra long online too. if you were a juniors 7/9 i would try an 8 first, & if that's too small, try a 10.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Loehmanns!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I get all my jeans from the mall.... I'm not a big spender on jeans but I perfer to go to the mall cause I'm a size 7-8..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• after my first i found out that silvers fit really good. i have a very small waist but i have hips and an ass. they fit great too bad they cost 80 bucks.
    you should go and try the next size up in juniors. jrs may still fit but you probably just need the next size up. misses jeans are in general are always going to hit higher up more on the natural waist. i work in a department store in the misses and thats where all our jeans hit
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 10:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Silvers, they are great! I have three kids three and under and I am 24. I wear a size 12/13. which isnt bad I was always a small girl but had to wear a size 9 jeans in Jrs because I have always had bbiug hips (always) Silvers make me look so small! they are expensive, but well worth it!
    twinmamaof3

Answer by twinmamaof3 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Try Guess, Ann Taylor Loft or Lucky Jeans. I also like American Eagle.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 11:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2009