WOULD YOU COUNT THIS AS LATE?

So I had a baby aug 10th and My period only lasted for about a week after i had him here it is october and still no sign of another period first time we had sex again was september 24th so yeah do you think im late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may want to take a PT but your period can be messed up after you have a child to be on the safe side take a PT and wait till next month when your due and if your late for a period then wait till your a week late and take another test. GL and congrats on your new LO..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I remember for the first several months after I started to get my period back..it was not really normal or on time...it may just take time for you body to get back to a normal cycle. But if you did have sex and didn't use protection It wouldn't hurt to test just to be sure!
    jennybear2383

Answer by jennybear2383 at 3:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The bleeding you had directly after giving birth is not really 'your period'. Your period happens after ovulation. Are you breastfeeding your baby? That might also be another reason your period has been delayed. After birth, I didn't get my period for 4-7 months afterwards.
    If you're not trying to get pregnant, you need to remember your period comes AFTER ovulation, so if you're having unprotected sex and waiting until your period comes before starting birth control of some form, you're putting yourself at risk for a pregnancy.
    Take a pregnancy test to put your mind at ease, then make sure you talk to your doctor asap to decide what type of birth control is best for you.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 5:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i dont breastfeed but i did for like a week could that of delayed it some? i did have sex one time and that was around september 20th we didnt use protection but he did pull out on time im pretty sure jut not sure why no period could be some stress idk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i didn't start my period until my son was 8 months old. but you still can get pregnant if you haven't started your period again. my guess would be that you aren't pregnant, but it's definitely a possibility. if you just had sex on sept 24, then you should be able to test at home around oct 10th and get a true result. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2009