I have been awake since 3:15 am! Yesterday!

I am in a deep insomnia, anyone else? Are you just up for fun? Do tell!

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know this sounds crazy, but I didn't sleep for over 10 years, at least not more than 20-30 mins at a time. It started when I was pregnant with my now 14 y/o daughter, and got so bad that I moved out of our bedroom. Hubby didn't mind so much as I couldn't stand being awake all night and feeling like I couldn't move for fear of waking him up. I got off any and all caffeine, read all night long, did everything I could think of, and still no sleep. I have just in the past couple of years started sleeping for more thatn a couple of hours at a time, and it is bliss! Good luck to you!
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I am up cause I have to go to work for 5am. I have had the past 3 days off so ya i am dragging my ass. Yes I would be sleeping if i didn't have to be up but I knew you would be on, You never sleep but i always enjoy what you have to say and your pics are just to much sometimes.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have a one month old..need i say more..LOL. I really need some good sleep!!!!
    ChristiansMom31

Answer by ChristiansMom31 at 5:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i don't know if I'll be able to sleep for more than an hour at a time! DH comes home tomorrow and I'm SO EXCITED... nervous... and in that "everything has to be perfect" mode! Currently painting my nails :) then it's up to clean the bathroom and pick up the living room... finish the laundry and dishes! ugh.... I can't wait to have him HOME again!!! 15 mos is a long deployment!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I am one of these people that after eating carby sugar treat, i get sleepy in an hour or so, so that is my insomnia pill. I also find i can't have any caffeine during the day if I want to sleep during the night
    mommios8

Answer by mommios8 at 6:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I sleep just fine as long as I take a scrip pill. There are many different types out there. Not all work for everyone. If I didnt take this pill? Ide be up for 5 days at a time or untill I passed out from mental and physical exhaustion.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I've done that before. There was this one time I got up at like 6am or whatever (normal day) and stayed up all that night writing, figuring I would take a nap once the kids were at school but never did. That night I was up until 5am unable to fall asleep. I was up for almost 2 days straight. I think I fell asleep for like an hour while watching TV but it wasn't a sound sleep.
    And I still managed to clean the house, cook dinner both nights, take the kids to and from school and everything else I normally do. I think that's the longest I've ever stayed awake.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2009