got checked at hospital, 35 weeks, 1cm and 85% effaced... is it normal to be that effaced at this stage?

i'm now 36 weeks but i had to go to the hospital. they gave me a shot to relax my uterus and told me i was 1cm and 85% effaced. this is my first baby. i know how the 1cm relates to my cervix, but can anyone tell me how the 85% effaced effects how close to labor i am?

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 3:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your pretty close but not 100% it just means where the baby is sitting. I was 2 1/2cm and 85% effaced from 33 weeks i had my DD at 38 weeks. Have a lot of sex and walk a lot. That's what we did. Just remember you may feel like you will preggo forever but really you will not be preggo FOREVER you will be holding your LO sooner then you think. CONGRATS and GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR NEW LO..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• There is no way to tell. You could go into labor at any time, or you could still have weeks left. My guess would be about three or four weeks!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2009