Sour stomach during pregnancy?

Anyone else experience this?

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 3:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• acid reflux can do that depending on how much pressure is being put on your stomach. my acid reflux is genetic and not weight caused. but i do know that being preggo can often create or increase acid reflux. mine got a little worse with baby but i take my Protonix every night before i go to bed and i'm able to sleep. i can't sleep without it, my stomach curls over and my chest hurts.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• oh, horribly. i was so sick to my stomach till i reached the third trimester. lost about 10-13 lbs because of it. had to really pick and chose what i ate or drank. it really really sucks. hopefully you can find something that helps. prenatals helped most days for some reason. just make sure you get lots of water
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I am experiencing what I experienced while I was overweight. My stomach is so much more sensitive than it has been in quite a while. I can't lie down after eating certain foods or I will get this urge to throw up (not that queesy feeling from the stomach but from the chest). It is more of indigestion. I get sour stomach if I eat somthing wrong or I am really hungry---or just because.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 4:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• sounds more like acid reflux to me. i have had that for a long time and have to sit up for a long time after eating in order to be able to sleep at night. if it bothers you this much, talk to your doc about it and maybe he can send you down the road with some medicine that can help. if it is acid, then they can help. if it's "morning sickness" then there really isn't much they can do to help
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• It is weird because it all disapeared when I lost a bunch a weight and now it's back.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 4:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• When I go to the doctor I am going to bring up my past problems with indigestion. That is something I am going to address right away.

I took an HPT test and it came back positive plus I have other symptoms as well.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 4:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• thanks. I am definately bringing it up with doctor. I have decided to make a list for my first visit(we are waiting on lnsurance). This is something I will surely mention.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• thank you

tickled_pink09

• protonix-I am going to ask about that. It is miserable!
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 4:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• you are welcome, God bless you and your family
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2009