Help my baby has thrush!

My 2 month old has had thrush in her mouth for going on 3 weeks. It cleared up a bit after a week. We continued the medicine (Nystatin oral) but now its pretty bad again. I'm very good at keeping her bottles clean along with her passies, but she still has it. I don't know what to do. She just cries and cries and barely will drink anything. My husband just deployed and its just me and her. I really need some relief, poor girl is in so much pain and I can't do a thing for her. Please help

ArmyMommy89

Asked by ArmyMommy89 at 5:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get all new nipples and passies. All silicone not rubber. Change the shape of the passies. Use gauze wrapped around your finger to paint the inside of her mouth. Good Luck thrush can be tough.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Try Gentian Violet, we used that for my daughter when she had thrush. be careful though, it stains EVERYTHING. her mouth will be purple for a couple days. i dilute mines with a couple drops of water. I mix a batch in a container that im not going to use any one and VIOLA. use a q-tip and brush it on her tounge.
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 7:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Use the violet stuff. works great.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Thrush remedies that WORK on kellymom.com.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2009