depression

I take some pills for depression/anxiety.I still feel like I'm still depressed and anxious.I can reason my way through a panic attack but its hard.I do dumb things and I lose stuff a lot too. I have many fears and I'm feeling so unloved since me and the hubby are not the same since I cheated on him. I feel like my life is never going to get better.What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to let your Dr./shrink know you're still having a lot of problems. Pills help with the chemical problem, but not with the thought process that gets you there. The most effective treatment is a combination of medication and talk therapy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• First, stop cheating on your DH. Then go to counseling of some sort for your Depression.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I agree, talk to your Dr. You may need your meds switched. I had similar issues and tried about 30 different meds or combos of meds before the right ones were found for me. Until then, I still had severe coping issues. After that, I noticed a big difference in my emotional response to things. As far as things between you and the hubby, they will probably never be the same. You should seek couples counseling for that, he deserves to be angry, but make sure it is channeled well so you two can get through it.
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 7:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Have you seen a nutritionist and have you had testing done to see if your brain chemicals truelly are not able to produce?

i say this cause for years they medicated me to find out almost 9 years later that the chemicals can be produced with the right diet.

I was take of drus and put on vitamins and a strict diet and used herbs for a little pick me up(St. Johns Wort) or slow down(catnip, chamomile etc..).

America is pill happy and taking drugs really does not solve the problem it masks the symptoms.

most drugs are never cures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Seek professional help for your guilt and anxiety, as for your dpression if your still feeling depressed your medication NEEDS to be changed. There are hundreds of med's for depression. No one med will work for everyone. Get marital counseling as well. Learn behavior modification.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have found that many times doctors treat you for symptoms instead of the real problem which can be a particular disorder. I'd go to the mental health physician and request a disorder test. That way you can know what you are truly dealing with. Just for "fun" type in all of your symptoms in a search engine and see what comes up. Don't self diagnose of course but it's a good tool to have when you go see someone who can help.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009