Does anyone have any ideas about a picky 2 yr old?

My 2 year old daughter is slightly underweight and she is very picky. Sometimes she eats and sometimes she doesn't, does anyone have any suggestions? The doctor says that it is normal for her to do this but she only gains about 1.5 pounds every 3 months or so. She was only 6lbs 9oz when she was born and is going to be small. She eats a good breakfast but when it comes to lunch and dinner that is another story. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cindy3511

Asked by cindy3511 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make fun out of meal time like let her help cook so she'll want ot eat what SHE made. or put faces on things nad use shaped food like dino chicken nuggets and stuff. how much does she actually weigh amd how tall is she.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Kids will not intentionally starve themselves. Parents don't realize I think how much they create a picky eater child. Don't give in and give her what she wants, feed her what your eating and sit with her in the high chair or at the table till she eats more than a few bites. It will take time and patience on your part. But it can be done.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You can also get that liquid drink in many flavors thats complete nutrition. I forget the name of it, sorry. It comes in a blue and white bottle and the slogan is :nutrition in charge".
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Don't stress out about it. My daughter was the same way, the dr told me not to worry, but I still did and she grew out of it slowly and turned out fine! Small high protein snacks throughout the day then since she eats a good dinner give her the fruits and veggies then... just keep at it mama it's normal!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My son was like that but at the same time he was teething he had his back molars come in, mabe that could be bothering her. Get to know her dislikes and likes on what she likes to eat and eat the food with her, so she wont be eating alone make it fun for her YUM...
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 12:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009