Dating sites-messages

What do you think when you get a message like this?
Message:
I am a 40 yr old widower male. Although, I have been widower for 6 years, my dating life has been a nightmare. I was meeting ladies in all types of ways, and have had a lot of heartache. I have often wondered if I was ever going to find anyone again. My past relationships have been both verbally & physically abusive. I had just about given up, when I was stumbling through the personal ads online, and came across which is you,your photo caught my eye, so I decided to give you a try, After exchanging a few emails,then you can called me and where we can met and get to know more about ourselve,but i must confess you are the sweetest and most romantic lady I have ever seen, from opening my mind i wish to bringing you roses,There was something special about you when I saw you in the picture

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Hit DELETE!!!

Seriously....this kind of message would creep me out! Have you exchanged messages and/or phone calls at this point, or is this just a random message? In either case, it sounds like someone with a lot of baggage, or someone trying to tug at your heart strings. Sounds like a "standard" message that this person sends out to anyone and everyone....he's hoping someone will strike up a conversation. There is nothing personal about it--no specifics, common interests, etc.

I met my now husband of 9 years, 10 years ago on match.com, and he NEVER wrote anything even close to this!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• OP here, First message ever and I never replyed. Sounded strange to me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a guy with LOW self esteem and a co-dependant personality. Id delete him as he seems Most focused on your looks, and that's just shallow as hell. Of course if you like that type of guy, then answer his e-mail.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a line he feeds all women. I know I wouldn't respond to it. The last 2 I met online who claimed to be a "widower" turned out to be married. They sort of forgot to tell me they remarried after the first wife died. I think they feel they can hit us with sympathy with the widower thing. I finally wised up and don't fall for it anymore

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009