What is the best make up? I like the natural look!!!

I am african american. I need make up that does not make me look orange or chalk. Any suggestions?

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 9:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I LOVE the new Mineral Powders--you can buy them at places like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and they DO have blends for darker complexions.

They are light and natural, and I think they act like an eraser--erasing fine lines, blemishes, blotchiness, while giving a subtle glow to skin! I will never use liquid foundation ever again! The only other thing I use is a little eyeliner on my upper lids, and mascara. If I'm going out on the town--I'll add a neutral eyeshadow, and soft colored lipstick.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I tried PURE MINERIALS and that made my face break out.... they fail to tell u that... But go for makeup that is close to your tone and make sure it isn't the runny kind... it rubs off on clothes! go for the powder and water proof mascarra... i use the water proof and when it rains i tested it out and it truely works!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Arbornne International, I got some samples and wow!

I wish I could afford it right now though. I really need it for my new career.

Im sure you can find an Arbornne girl on here if you do a search.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• mineral based makeup such as bare escentuals
    sarahcollins

Answer by sarahcollins at 10:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Almay smart shade makeup, it is made to pickup on your natural shade, I love it, I like the natural look too!

Answer by older at 10:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Hi! I absolutely love, love, love Arbonne! I've tried just about every kind of makeup out there! Sorry, I sound like a commercial, but if you'd like to look into it, I am also an Independent Arbonne Consultant. No pressure at all, here! It's completely up to you if you want to drop me an email for more contact. My website is www.julistover.myarbonne.com and there's a spot where you can contact me for questions or futher contact. All CafeMom shoppers receive a discount so don't worry about the retail prices.
    Momof4whomebiz

Answer by Momof4whomebiz at 1:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• For the natural look you really can't beat mineral makeups. I love the Avon mineral makeup and they are much less expensive than most brands you'll find too! Even the eyeshadows look very pretty and natural on. We even carry mineral lipsticks now. I would stick to warm earth tones. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping too
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• try beauticontrol. i use to swear by marykay until i tried BC. I love it! www.beautipage.com/luv2bpampered go check it out
    ramjamnamsmom

Answer by ramjamnamsmom at 2:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Mary Kay lets you try the shade first and then you buy it. They make mineral powder foundation but Im now sure in shades that you are looking for. Check it out online to see. You can find a consultant in the phone book too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• ok, i am a light skinned aa momma and i have the same trouble..... finding makeup that actually matches your skin. i hated the bareminerals and other mineral make-ups. it made me look ashy lol. forget about the liquid foundations too lol..... even worse. the only thing i found that i like is the covergirl tinted moisturizer. it has 3 choices.... fair to light, light to medium, medium to dark. i get the light to medium and it matches perfectly in winter when iam paler and in summer when i have a tan. i really like it bc it is completely not noticable but still evens out your skin and hides any kind of blemishes you might have. not sure about the arbonne.... never tried it, but sounds expensive LOL.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2009