What do you think of steamer mops and the SHARK Steam Pocket

I need something better than the swiffer wet jet which I think is crap and too expensive....but if the steamer mops actually work like they do on tv than I might get one.

lucysmommy28

Asked by lucysmommy28 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If you have a laminate wood floor the hot steam will melt the glue that holds the boards down but they do work well on tile and linoleum floors

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Makes sense to me that steam would work beautifully. I hope so cuz I plan 2 get one as soon as I have the $ to do so!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 11:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have a Shark steam mop, and it takes a lot of effort. It does work, but it's kind of a pain in the ass.  It doesn't hold much water and isn't very powerful, so you have to really apply lots of pressure and go over the same spots over and over and over.   I ended up getting a Wagner 905 power steamer (on Amazon.com) and have been using that for the last few weeks. It works even better than the Shark mop and takes almost no effort. It REALLY cleans the floor. Plus, you can use the other attachments to clean glass shower doors, grout, you name it. I got extra scrubber heads and mop pads here: http://www.gleempaint.com/905-steamer-parts.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009