Need Simple Meal Ideas

Hello ladies. I have a huge favor to ask anyone that can help. My fiance is going back to work as of tomorrow, and lets just say im not the best cook in the world! I have a 2 year old daughter, and am due with a son anyday, and I really need some simple meal ideas. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Anyone that has any simple recipes or ideas, if you could either leave them here, or email them to me, I would really appreciate it.

My email is rjs15@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!

livingrlovesong

Asked by livingrlovesong at 11:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Quick MealsThese suggestions include quick meal ideas for breakfast or lunch and many of them are also kid-friendly meals. Another idea for healthy quick meals is to ...

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Toast and juice rice crispies were my lil guys fav at that age lunch you can do pb and j or grilled cheese they also have alot of prepacked lunches for that age if you like that idea. Dinner , do you have a crock pot? You can put almost anything in there and leave it all day, pot roast pork roast soup or cassroles. Get a crock pot cookbook or look up on the net google crock pot recipes and you be able to find a ton...Good Luch MaMa
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My Easy Recipes - Fast Recipes - Quick Meal Ideas

The first list of easy recipes is a group of entrees that are so simple, .... Easiest Recipes; My Easy Recipes - Fast Recipes - Quick Meal Ideas> ...
    busycooks.about.com/cs/easiestrecipes/a/easiestrecipes1.htm
    vbruno

• There is no where near enough room for recipes here. If you would like some, send me a message offlist. I keep lots of frozen chopped vegetables in my freezer; they can go in a quick stirfry, or be tossed in sauce, soup, etc. for an easy nutritional boost. I cook and freeze brown rice on the weekends. I cook pasta while we eat dinner and refrigerate for the next night’s dinner.
    Super Quick Stir-fry
    Here is a quick dinner recipe, adapted from Vegetarian times. It takes less than 15 minutes (if the rice is cooked)
    Heat a few chili pepper flakes in olive oil, along with a sliced garlic clove and sliced ginger. Remove the garlic and ginger before they burn. Add onion saute for 1 min. Add 2 diced up baby eggplants and saute for 5 mins (I have used zucchini and broccoli, too; really, any fresh or frozen veggies will do). Add red/yellow peppers & mushrooms.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Add red/yellow peppers & mushrooms. Add 2 tbsp each of brown sugar, tamari & vinegar (I didn't have tamari so I used Braggs) and saute 2 more mins. Add fresh basil. Serve over rice (you could use room temperature leftovers) or rice noodles (they are super quick in a pinch). You can also add cubed tofu before serving.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• my husband made this dish last night....it was SO easy and quick...he just put in a saucepan a half stick of butter, a cup of cream (light, heavy, half and half...doesnt matter), and 1 1/2 cup of parm cheese....then stirred it all till it was all melted together...added some chopped broccoli and chicken and mixed it all together with some noodles...DELISH!

blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• easy chicken parm.
    spagetti noodles or noodles of your choice
    spagetti sauce
    grated parmesian cheese, we use the cheap stuff in the shaker
    breaded chicken patty's or nuggets.

cook noodles, mix in sauce and some parmesian, put in a casserole or brownie style pan, dip the chicken in sauce and set on top of noodles until top i covered in chicken. if there's any left over sauces, pour on top of everything. sprinkle with generous portion of parm. bake at 350 until everythings hot. i think it was about 15 to 20 minutes for us. It was really good, and easy. i let our 3 year old help with it.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Taco Pie

Brown 1 lb. hamburger. Add 1 packet of taco seasoning according to directions on packet.

Layer into a pie shell, 1 can refried beans, all of hamburger and top with as much cheese as desiered.

Serve in slices. We like to mix in lettuce, salsa, crushed nacho cheese chips, and taco sauce. mmmm. a favorite at our house
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 1:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i forgot lol bake at 350 for 30 min. before you serve it. minor details lol
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

• Toss a beef or pork roast in the crockpot with a bottle of bbq sauce and chopped onions, let it cook all day, and serve on buns for dinner......no work.

Toss a beef or pork roast in the crock pot with a bottle of beer or some wine or apple cider. Add a chopped onion, bag of baby carrots, a couple of potatoes (or the baby red potatoes) some garlic powder, basil and pepper.....again just let it cook all day....excellent.....if you skip the veggies you can serve it on french rolls as beef or pork dip sandwiches.

Put boneless skinless chicken breasts in a baking dish. Mix cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup with 1/2 cup of sour cream, pour over the chicken breasts, sprinkle with a little cheese bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes Serve with a baked potato, or some white rice and a vegetable.

There are lots of easy dinner ideas.....try kraft.com too!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2009