Ever had a very faint, thin line on a pregnancy test?

I am going nuts. I've had nine pregnancy tests with a very faint, thin line. The "positive" line was very faint and thin but came up within two or three minutes. I could *barely* see these lines but yet did see them and they were blue (NOT colorless) so I don't think it was an evaporation line.

I've also had very light bleeding the last few days (Oct. 1 - now). My period should have started back on Sept. 5. I've had every pregnancy symptom imaginable (even before I got these test results).

I don't know if I am just having a hard time accepting this as positive because I am afraid of getting my hopes up (I am) or because of the baby I lost five years ago. (That has changed the way I feel/think...anyone who has lost a baby may understand.)

Anyway, have any of you had a faint, thin line on a pregnancy test? If so, did you turn out to be pregnant?

Ohio-mom-of-2

Asked by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had that when i was pregant with my first son....i took one the very next morning and it was dark...i think u may be pregnant but schedule an appt with your ob/gyn so they can do a blood test and then youll know for sure
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• yep and a few neg. too. But Im due any day now with baby number 2.
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 11:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I sure was....it was so faint I had to look at it in the sunlight.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• That's another thing that confuses me. I've also had some negative ones. The positive (faint line) ones have all been Drug Mart or Dollar General tests. The negative tests were Dollar Tree, Walmart (Equate), First Response, and Clear Blue Digital. I've been doing these for about 9 days (off and on). But I've had six of the faint positives (from Drug Mart, 2 from Dollar General) and two negatives (from Dollar Tree) within the last 2 1/2 days. I don't understand why some have such a faint (and thin) positive line and others are negative.

Thanks so much for your responses! Makes me feel better (even though I'm still confused!) :)
    Ohio-mom-of-2

Answer by Ohio-mom-of-2 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My first positive test was very faint. I went to the doctor and their test was faint as well. A few days later I started bleeding and I was pretty sure that I was having a miscarraige. I went back to the doctor and my hormone levels were almost back to normal. I'm not sure exactly what they called it but apparently my hormone levels were not multiplying like they should have and that was why there was such a faint line. I was pregnant again within a month (I did not have to have a D & C so I did not have to wait).
    I hope this is not the case for you!! This was just my personal experience and it sounds like other women have had the same thing without trouble. But you should definately check with your doctor to make sure everything is ok.
    mlha28

Answer by mlha28 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• way more likley to have a false neg than a false pos, faint lilne is still a line
    go to the doc
    and congrats
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i faint line supposedly means you are pregnant. i would say if you just got 1 faint line, you should try again in a few days before believing it, but if you have gotten several faint lines, you are for sure pregnant! congrats!
    Anonymous

• I had 2 faint positives in the beginning of this pregnancy. About 6-7 weeks I took another test and it was bright! I am now 12 weeks. You can also call your ob for blood work.
    Anonymous

• get the digital test, they are the best. the first time i was pregnant, i took a regular test and the line was very faint, we just figured it was negative. so i went on with my everyday life, smoking cigarettes, and drinking a few beers here and there. a week later still no period, so i took the digital test, and it said pregnant! so very cool to see it in words, theres no mistaking it. but i kick myself all the time for not listening to the first test.
    Anonymous

• You are pregnant and really early. Certain brands of tests aren't as good and can't detect the hormone yet. Congrats.

jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009