Am i over feeding my son?

He is a wk old an eats 4oz every 3 1/2 hours! My mother told me it was to much! I asked the doc an he said its fine! But i want other moms opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• every baby is different and will eat different,ur his mom and knows when he is hungry.if u were over feeding him he would throw up.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Sounds like he's eating just the right amount to me. I think if he was full he'd stop eating, so don't worry too much about him eating too much. Sounds like he's doing good.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• He doesnt throw it up actually he doesnt even spit up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• sounds fine to me...a baby will know how much they need....and even though i know you probably want to respect your mother but...a doc will know more than your mom....as long as the baby is healthy and happy tahts all that matters.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Your his mom and if you feel fine with how much he's eating then don't worry about it.As long as he's eating and is happy that's all that matters.
    queenplunkett

Answer by queenplunkett at 12:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• From everything I've read and learned in classes is that all babies are different and eat different amounts. Best to listen to the doctor on this one. Your mom is only referencing her own baby experiences, even if she IS citing some other source.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• For instance, my m-i-l was extremely surprised when I told her we didn't have any trouble deciding to go with circumcision. She was busy trying to console me about the choice and I had no reason to hear it. So, listen to your own intuition.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yea usually i dont listen to my mom cuz most of the time shes wrong anyways she thinks she is a know it all! She always tells me how i should rasie my kids!
    Anonymous

• My oldest 2 boys were eating 4-6 oz every 2-3 hours and then as they got older (6 months or so) they were up to 8 oz every 3-4 hours. Every baby is different and if your baby is hungry, feed him. Tell your mom you know when your LO is hungry and when he is not. Good luck
    Anonymous

• at a week old my son was eating 2 oz every 3 hrs. but at 6 weeks he was eating 6oz every 3 hrs, now at 5 months he eats 8oz every 5 hrs, but he sleeps 10 hrs at night
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2009