What do you get your kids for Christmas when they already have everything.

My boys are 11,9,and 6.I don't know what to ge them for Christmas.They have everything.Please give me some ideas.

queenplunkett

Asked by queenplunkett at 11:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• then maybe do a family trip for christmas...go somewhere? like a disney cruise...and pack presents for them...mostly small stuff they would love to use ont he cruise or something like that...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I got my son a personalized book. It is a full story book that has his name, hometown, family members names in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• For my youngest son I have always gone to the grocery store after he goes to sleep and buy him food he really likes. He has gotten his own ham since he was like 10! He always got excited about his ham. One year I found an old (I don't think they make them any more) Tupperware ham box at a yard sale and put the ham in that. He was so excited about the ham in a ham box with a huge bow. I would get him other food too like the biggest grapefruit I could find. Maybe he is a little wierd. He is now 21 and works in a meat department at an organic grocery store.

My mom would send me money to get the 3 boys something. I decided each year I would get a family membership somewhere like the state parks, the zoo, the children's museum.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Books are always good gifts for kids who have everything.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I agree to the family vacation. Either that or passes to fun places like theme parks, movie theaters, or whatever is in your area so they can go during the year. This year for my sons birthday we are taking my son to Disney instead of tons of presents. Hey its expensive but the memories will be great!
    Anonymous

• family passes are a good idea, for the pool, skating rink, zoo, aquarium etc
    Movie passes, savings bonds.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We plan vacations for later in the year but the kids never know where we are going. So for Christmas we will wrap little gifts that give hints. In the last few years we have made Christmas less about the gifts because we like to travel so we use the money for that. They will get a few things- clothes, video games, movies, car care kits,etc.
    Anonymous

• Gift cards to their favorite stores.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We empathsize on giving, not receiving. We try to help others, give to others, and spend a quiet Christmas day at home with only like 5 gifts for each child. Nothing expensive. I do not believe you can buy your way into your child's life. It's not about having the latest and newest gadgets. They can live without them, if needed.

Each year our girls get books. They know that's one of their 5 gifts. This year, instead of giving them books, I'm giving them a gift card to B&N and let them choose their own books! We are putting gift cards in our stockings as well....

We spend the holidays planning, decorating, cooking/baking, and spending time together. You can't buy those memories at a store.

We also plan road trips....and perhaps they get items for those road trips/camping trips.

We use to go overboard at Christmas, but no more. We've scaled back and everyone is happier because of it.
    chinamom_2

Answer by chinamom_2 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• ask them what they don't have..... they will think of something... or get them clothes!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2009