Does your SO (or maybe you) have a 9-5 job or an odd hours job?

I just noticed that most of the moms on here have "professional" SO's. My fiance works at Panda Express (if you've ever heard of it, kind of like a fast food chinese place) and it's an odd hours job. He never knows what days he will have off or the hours he will work. One week he might have tuesday and thursday off and the next week it's monday and friday. I would love for him to work a regular, go to the office, 9-5 kind of job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im in the same boat as you...i work a professional job i guess...LOL i work for the national passport center..its mon-fri 6:45 to 3:15.
    my husband works for advanced auto parts part time.....his hours go all over the place, we never know what two days he will have off...it can suck some times.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My guy is a manager for Pizza Hut, so he works pretty reguarly 9-5 but sometimes he works other hours, and its the same where he doesn't know what days he will have off. I work M-F 8-5 at our local government.
    Anonymous

• my SO works from 11am till 9pm stays awake till about 3am and sleeps til 10am LO and I wake at 8am and go to bed at 7pm I would love him to be there more often AWAKE!
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 12:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• my hubby is a partner in a law firm... the office has regular hours... but he has to work until the work is done. There are days he is home at 6pm there are days he is home by midnight. There are few weekends that he is home both days. We all choose our husbands, and we usually know what they do prior to marring them. So I say go with the flow and make the best of what you have to work with.
    Anonymous

• My hubby is military. He, for the most part, works set hours though. There are occasional times when it's odd hours, and then of course TDY's and deployments. But for the most part he works M-F 7am-430PM. But like this weekend he got called last night to go in for an hour this morning so we couldn't really sleep in or anything That's been happening a lot these past few months!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My husband has never worked "9-5". The closest was 6-3.
    right now he works 5:30am-2pm. He's got pretty high seniority so he can hold his preferred schedule (although he's not high enough to get the best days off, maybe after we move--he'll be #8 in seniority there). When he first started he was basically on swing shift. He worked different hours on different days of the week. 3 days he would work early mornings, 2 days he would work late nights. If he was lucky it worked out so that he didn't work a late night and then immediately work an early morning (otherwise he would only get like 4 hours of sleep in between shifts). He was mandatoried OT all the time working doubles for days in a row and on his days off and his days off and hours changed every single month. It sucked.
    Now he gets T/W off and has the same hours every day. He used to work 4:30am-1pm but they changed the hours on him.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My husband goes starts work at 7:45a every day and he works until 4:15-6:15 depending on the mail volume (he's a mail carrier). He's mostly had set hours with his jobs as far as start time goes but with most of the them the end time has always varied from day to day.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My hubby works nights Mon-Thurs. He starts at 3 4 or 5 pm and works till 2:30 3:30 or 6 a.m. and has done so for 15 years. His is a skilled professional job but his hours suck ass. It's hard to adjust back and forth on weekends.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Hubby used to have a varied scedual but always worked 6-2 on sat/sun. Now hes the store manager and will work 5:30-3 M-F but not till he gets a new assistant trained.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I work 8-4 M-F, but DH is selfemployed and does construction so his hours are all varied and dependent on the weather
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009