After your kids go trick or treating, How much candy do you let them eat that night and days after. Also, do you help yourself to their candy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't usually limit his intake, he is 13 and can figure out when enough is enough. I usually end up throwing out the candy after about a month anyway. I do sneak out my favorites (those are usually the ones that are "bad"...you know, the wraps are "off" the candy).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• They each get 3 pieces that night (normally its small stuff anyway so it ends up being less than one full sized candy bar), and then we divide up the candy into ziploc bags with their names on it, and when the candy is gone, that's it. they're normally limited to a few pieces a day. My hubby does have some of the candies but I normally do not. I am on a strict diet and have lost a lot of weight so I have no temptation to put it back on lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• we allow them to have three pieces...one big one, and two small..they are also not allowed to have any till we get home and can look through it...yes we get into thier candy but i ask them first if i can have a piece, and i let them pick it out usually that way im not eating thier favs...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I usually limit them to a couple pieces that night and then nor more than a couple pieces a day until its gone, yeah hubby adn i do also enjoy the candy as well, there are some candies that my kids are allergic to or dont like and those are the bits we eat!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 12:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The candy usually last us all year....we don't let them eat it that night because by the time we get home it's too late and we have to go through it first and make sure everything is safe...they are allowed one-two pieces a day depending on their behavior.
    Anonymous

• With my step-daughter she can have one piece the night of and then one after lunch everyday after that...no we don't eat her candy, unless there is some really good chocolate in there lol.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Three pieces a day, after their meals, and but of course we eat their candy too! Anyone who says that they don't is stretching the truth just a little bit! We worked for that candy too!But of course there are some parents who just buy themselves a bag of their favorite candy and munch on that so their children can enjoy the fruits of their own labor.
    RWhite0608

Answer by RWhite0608 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• one piece that night, then 1-2 pieces on the days she has good behaviour. it's been an uphill battle and i won't reward bad behaviour. we do have some of it too. we keep it for 2-3 weeks, then it magically disappears.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• They are eating as they trick and treat...so about 3, maybe 4. Yes ma'am, we take the Reece's.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I usually send most of it to work with my husband. None of us are really big on candy unless it's chocolate, so we take the chocolate out and get rid of the rest. It's going to be a bit more involved this year, since I'll have to send the candy to Afghanistan, since that's where my husband is. I think it'll be nice for him and the guys in his office to get at least a little Halloween cheer.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2009