What are your favorite parenting books?

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 12:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Love and Logic for sure! But also fillial type books that are really geared for therapists but are great for parents too. Translation: play therapy books. Virginia Axline rocks of course with that catagory. Also try P.E.T. for parents. And then there is attatchment theories for parents. I sail this over and over but I think parents should read five or six parenting books, take what they like, try it, scrap what doesn't work, and continue to find new tools for their parenting tool box. It is really sad when parents only have two parenting tools available: spanking or timeouts. Then saying they don't work. "I've tried spanking and time outs and they don't work!" There are many MANY other tools and you should have dozens of techniques at the ready. It helps with your sanity.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2009