Best way to get rid of acne?!

I was lucky and never had any acne as a teenager. Ever since I had my son (20 months), I have been getting it really bad. I've tried all the washes and creams I can think of, including ProActive and birth control. Does anyone know the best product to use to get rid of it quickly. I'm getting so self conscious about it! =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• me too - bump
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have the same problem. I also tried Proactive and Mary Kay products with no luck, in fact they made it much worse for me. I use Neutrogena Grapefruit scrub and it works well, then I use a moisturizer like Aveeno or Cetaphil. I also put a mask of honey on my face a couple times a week and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. It really helps to reduce the redness and makes your skin soft, helps to clear the blemishes as well.
    Anonymous

• Acne is a MEDICAL condition. You should find a good dermatologist to seek treatment and causes of your acne.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Have you tried any natural products? Or spoken to your doctor for recommendations? I, personally, would recommend looking at any of the natural products available, but I highly recommend Arbonne Clear Advantage or a regimen that has several products in it. If you find something that works for you, I'd love to know what worked for you. I am an Arbonne Consultant and also have had many years of working with people with skin issues through Walgreens as a Senior Beauty Advisor. Good luck! (just in case: www.julistover.myarbonne.com , but absolutely no pressure)
    Momof4whomebiz

Answer by Momof4whomebiz at 1:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I went through this too. I am a huge fan of the Avon Clearskin Professionals Acne Clearing kit. Its awesome and cleared my skin up quickly. Its been clear for months now. Its actually on sale right now too. Go to www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code FSANY to get free shipping. The nice thing about this kit is it doesn't irritate your skin and doesn't dry your skin out!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I've had acne all my life. It has to be treated medically. A good dermatologist can help from scarring. Mine improved dramatically when I started drinking LOTS of water instead of soft drinks.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I just went to www.thedoctorstv.com and their program tomorrow is going to cover acne so if you can, watch it and see if they offer you some advice you can use.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I'm using Murad Acne Complex for 5 months. Is really good because they won't irritate your skin even if you have sensibility skin,they have the right kit for you. The email address is www.acnecomplex.com, request a catalog and see all the offers they have. (THE RESULTS CAN VARY)
    Lizyari

Answer by Lizyari at 9:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Cellex-C has a great line for acne. You may want to talk with your Doctor about Doxycline Hyclate as well.
    aprettykitty

Answer by aprettykitty at 9:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009