MY DOG NEEDS DOGGIE DIAPERS!!!!AM I BEING CRUEL? WHAT DO U THINK

I have the best dog in the whole world.He is not my dog he is like the son I never had.I have him for 10 years.My dog had STONES and now no matter how many times a day we walk him there is pee all over the house.HE is not doing it on purpose .I tried wee wee pads that didnot work.DO u think it cruel!!!!! The vet said there is nothing wrong with him he is getting old.Thank

sirrera

Asked by sirrera at 1:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pets

• They are expensive. I got a dog that a homeless man could no longer care for. The day before I was going to have her spayed she went in heat. They wouldn't spay her. I went and looked at diapers and they are very expentive.

I was so upset about her going in heat. A Taco Bell dog dug a hole under our dog run fence and broke part of it and may have gotten her pregnant. I can't believe it! I do volunteer work with rescue groups and I don't know how to admit I might have a pregnant dog. Of course I will take care of her and the pups. She is getting spayed ASAP.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I don't care about the money,I just wanted to make sure its not CRUEL.GOD BLESS YOU FOR HELPING THE ANIMALS.YOUR A SPECIAL PERSON.
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 1:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If it is necessary, then it is not cruel.
    Anonymous

• It is not cruel as long as he is not in pain anymore. There are "belly bands" for boy dogs that work very well-or you can make your own. All they are is a band of fabric with velcro that goes around their stomach. Then you put a pad (period pads are cheap and easy to get) in it where he will pee. Just change the pad often so he does not get irritated. Just take it off to take him outside. Once they get used to it they don't even notice they have it on.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• It's not cruel at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I don't think it's cruel at all... I have a female dog, that isn't fixed. Since she's an inside dog I cover her while she's in heat (or whatever it's called)... The doggy diapers are expensive so I go to the dollar store and buy little girl's panties (she's a small dog) and pads... It works just as well in my opinion and alot cheaper...

And although he may not like them at first, it's making things easier on you both... Your only other choice would be to let him pee anywhere ( I understand he can't control it).... I wish you the best of luck!
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 5:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Not at all. Some dogs actually get used to the diapers and like them. We use training pads for our 14 year old dog, she would pee all over if it wasn't for them. If those didn't work we would for sure use diapers.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My house is for from filthy .I am cleaning all the time my kids are 24 and 17 teen you are a cruel person MOMMPIP.I didnot APPRECIATE your answer.
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 10:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The pp didn't say your house is filthy. She was just saying that putting the diapers on the dog is better than him peeing all over the house.

I don't think it is cruel either. I also agree that human (baby) diapers may be cheaper than the dog diapers. Also, you can give him a dietary supplement such as this one (or just do a search for "urinary incontinence in dogs"to find others) to help with the incontinence.

CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i am very sure your dog knows its happening and cant control it, please do buy the diapers and spend as much time with him as possible, im not sure i would scold him bc my way of thinkin what if you scold him go to work and return and him deceased...you would feel beyond terrible...just do whatever you can to comfort him for what time he has left...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2009