Do you think this is right???

my state u have to work them off if u don't have a job and they feel like u can be working they will make you work for them or you wont get them.I was 71/2 months pregnant and went for help because i wasn't aloud to work by orders of the doc. and my husband couldn't do it on his own and they told me i was able to work and the only way i would get them if i worked for them. and since my daughter has been born 6 weeks they told me i would have to do 35 hours a week for 432 in stamps and daycare and insures the daycare was because the put me to work and i didn't have any one to watch my daughter . But i have no choice to do it until i find a Job because my husband cant do it on its own

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have no clue what you are talking about, this post is to confusing.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry this is the first time i got a chance to get to the computer since i went to the pas office on Friday. I'm talking about Getting PA

Anonymous

• A lot of states require you to work off assistance. Mine doesn't but a lot do.
    Anonymous

• I am a little confused too. Are you made b/c they are telling you that you have to work.
    Anonymous

• Well you don't really expect them to just hand you welfare and you not have to work do you?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i not mad because thier makeing me work it just im workin 105 a month for only 432 a monthe in foodstamps and to put her in daycare when i rather for her to be with a family but they wont pay them
    Anonymous

• KalebsMommee no i don't trust me if i have it my way id be working but their is nothing right now well so far and i just had my daughter 6 weeks ago

Anonymous

• I went back to work after 6 weeks....
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 3:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• 6 weeks is the common time for you to have to go back to work if you don't have REALLY good coverage from work. Some states require you to work for your benifits, some feel that its more productive to not be paying your child care for it. The fact is they are helping you out, if showing up to classes 5 days a week makes them happy, why shouldn't you do it? also those classes and work help you get ready to go back to work in the real world. I was on PA, I don't look down on it, but realistically, you should be doing SOMETHING for it. I felt guilty if I didn't at least volunteer to "work" off my PA.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• So, you are working 105 hours for $432 in foodstamps? If so, I would find better job that pays $7 or $8 an hour, work 120 hours a month, bring home about $700-$1000 a month, have my family watch my daughter and a discounted price or free depending on your family and be totally off of assistance. Working for $432 in foodstamps is fine & fair but on your own you'd make that plus some and that would be better.
    Anonymous