I was married and while we were married I had a baby with another man but......we were broken up according to eachother. I had the baby and I went to put the father's name on the birth certificate and they said I couldn't because I was still legally married. Does anyone know how much it costs to take a name off or how to do it? I can't get a DNA test with the EX husband......He's in Germany now and I'm in Illinois.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can call the state's Vital Statistics office to ask how to do it. They should be able to tell you the cost as well as the procedure

Answer by admckenzie at 2:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• So did you put your ex husband's name on the birth certificate? They shoudln't have made you do that. That's dumb. Just because you're married doesn't mean there's anything stopping you from having sex with other people. If you want to put another man's name on your baby's birth certificate you should damn well be able to! That's such a dumb law.

I agree, call vital statistics and tell them what's up.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• okay i had this problem a dna test is about 300 getting it done true the state.. if u wanna pm me i can tell you how it most likely is gonna work
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I was in the same shoes that you're in several years ago. I had to hire a private investigator to find my now ex-husband and serve him with the divorce paperwork. Before the divorce was even finalized the judge signed an order that we took to vital statistics and put my childrens fathers name on their birth certificates.
    Another option is to have the bio father do a DNA test to prove that it is his child. I think DNA tests are a lot cheaper then they used to be.
    Anonymous

• You don't have to do a DNA test. All you have to do is the guy you were married to when you had the baby sign a Paternity Affidavit saying he is not the baby's dad but was married to you at the time. Use Google, it helps
    Anonymous

• You need to have the actual father take the dna test. That should clear everything up.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2009