Help with those lizards that are everywhere in Florida.

Ya know those lizards that are EVERY WHERE in Florida. I am so sick of them. We shooo them away and I seriously think they bring relatives back with them. Not to mention all their poop. Our cats are great hunters but, they always bring us their kill. YUCK. They also make our cats sick.

Anyone know who to get rid of them or make them less abudant. My husband and I both think we are going to swat them with a broom but, have yet gotten the courage to do it.

MLS-C

Asked by MLS-C at 2:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• you mean the little green gecko's right.......they are harmless, they eat bugs, and yes your cats will get real skinny and sick if they eat them.......I've never tried to get rid of them.....they serve a purpose......I guess you could call and get a pest control person to help you get rid of them....might mean traps and such....doubt you will be able to get rid of them all.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 6:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• lizard control, Lizard Control, LIZARD CONTROL, lizard control ...

To keep lizard populations down, simply keep insect populations down. ... The treatment will kill off unwanted insects which serve as food and the ... If the species of lizard active on your property does not seem to have a sense of ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Also keep your cats INDOORS No domesticated cat should be outside, espically in florida where flea's and ticks and large predatory animals can get them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• When we were in FL, we used to catch them and use them as earrings....lol

Face it, you are not going to be able to get rid of them, so why bother trying? You'll be much happier if you learn to live with them. Besides, they are completely harmless and beneficial for keeping the flies away.
    Anonymous

• We live in FL too. You are not going to be able to get rid of the lizards, seriously. There are just millions and millions of them, they are everywhere. You have to just learn to live with them being all over outside. They are harmless, actually usefull because they eat the billions and billions of bugs we have. The only ones that are harmful to your pets are the black ones with the purple tails, called skinks. The chameleons are harmless. If you are in South Florida then you will also have big ol iguanas all over too, if you don't have those, be thankful.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Thank you for all your responses and advice.
    I am happy to report we have come to terms with the lizards.
    Their poop... not so much.
    MLS-C

Answer by MLS-C at 9:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2009