My daughter.....should I do anything?

My daughter is 8. She is well rounded, kind, and a great student and athlete. This weekend a neighbor took it upon herself to tell me that another neighbor called her talking about my kid saying she is bossy. (Arent' all kids at times?) Her child and mine are very close. I've never had any inkling of an issue between the girls at all. Supposeldy mom who called me said the other mom was bringing up things from 1st grade! They are in 3rd now. They have not been togehter in class since 1st grade. I was told that the other kid's mom has requested this! Again, I am dumbfounded. My child is picked to work at school in a social setting that helps kids who have a hard time. The girls play sports on the same team now. I am always asking the teachers if my child is kind to others. I always hear that she is a joy. I don't know where this came from, and why the mom even told me about it. What do I do? I feel so upset!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nope, don't do anything. Don't worry about it either. If your daughter was bossy she wouldn't have any friends. If she doesn't have any friends then there might be something to it, otherwise just let it go.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like the other mom was trying to start something. If the girls are friends and the mom didn't come to you herself then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• That's what my husband says. I find it suspicious that the mom who told me all this did so. She told me it was to protect me in case the other mom was going around blabing. I'm friends with both women. I don't get it. I also have no problem if another adult sets my child straight and redirects her behavior. I just sort of feel it is an attack against my kid. She is typically a really good kid and never has had any soical issues. She's the one who others turn to and seek out her friendship. She's not perfect, but I know her and would not just be blind. I refuse to have a "mean kid." Thanks, I'll leave it alone.
    Anonymous