I have been thinking regarding abortion

We condem those women, who drink, do drugs, and such when they are pregnant, they are usually strongly looked down upon, because they can possible harm their babies and it's growth. So how is abortion any different? It is harming one's baby, especially late term abortions and partial birth? We call it, a woman's right. But the outcome is pretty much the same, it is harming the baby. What say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping

Anonymous

• i agree
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Here is another thought, we say women should have the right to do to their bodies as they wish, that is the argument for abortion right? So shouldn't they be allowed to drink and smoke and do drugs with no consequence, rather they harm their baby or not, it should be their right, right?

Anonymous

• I am 100% against abortion personally. But I am pro-choice, because abortion is one of those things (like prostitution and drug use) that even if you make it illegal, it will happen anyway but with a lot more deaths.

I also don't think that women should be arrested for smoking or drinking while pregnant. That's the nanny state again.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 5:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• It's murder plain and simple. But it's NOT MY place to tell someone else what they can or cant do with their body. We all have free will to choose as we see fit. Good or bad. I wouldnt have an abortion, but wouldnt stop someone else from having one. It's their body and their choice.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• "I am 100% against abortion personally. But I am pro-choice, because abortion is one of those things (like prostitution and drug use) that even if you make it illegal, it will happen anyway but with a lot more deaths.

I also don't think that women should be arrested for smoking or drinking while pregnant. That's the nanny state again. "

I agree wholeheartedly!
    Anonymous

• I wasn't meaning for this post to be whether or not your for abortion or not. But does it make any sense that as a society we look down on pregnant women who smoke and drink and do drugs while they are pregnant, because they are risking the chance of harming their child. Yet as a society we embrace abortion, which is more than harming the child but killing it. Why is one wrong and the other is not. Both situations is the mother's choice.

Anonymous

• I guess the choice to have an abortion or the choice to drink and take drugs while pregnant is that woman's choice and she has to live with it. It is wrong in both situations but you can't make it illegal to take drugs while pregnant and make illegal to have an abortion. .A woman is clearly wrong but she will have to answer for her own mistakes.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you,but I really disagree with the whole "its their body" argument when it comes to abortion. NOT ITS NOT THEIR BODY!!!! its the baby's body thats getting cut into pieces, or the skin melted off...murdered.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I agree with abbynzachsmommy 100%. That whole, "I don't agree with abortion, but I'm not going to tell someone else what to believe," makes about as much sense as, "I would never kill my children, but I'm not going to tell another woman that she can't."

As for the OP. I agree with you. It makes no sense to look down on a woman when she might harm her baby, yet be ok with a woman who actually kills her baby.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2009