Why is there such a long standing 'issue' with Iran?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3362443.stm

Unfortunately, the problem may be one long in the making and rooted in the actions of the US and Britain and rooted in guess what? Oil...

In the beginning...
"1953 US and British intelligence services engineer a coup in which Iranian military officers depose Prime Minister Muhammad Mussadeq, a leading exponent of nationalising the oil industry. "

The next 55 years show an escalating rilvary both with in and with out regarding political leadership.

Why are the majority of liberals not surprised? We know how to read and have been paying attention for years! Why are the majority of conservatives not surprised? For the exact same reason!

Does Iran want a nuclear war? I strongly believe so. Are many nations unified against this? Yes, I strongly believe so. Will this lead to WW3? I think we can all agree, I pray not.

PsWifey

Asked by PsWifey at 3:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It comes down to this. It's a war of religious beliefs going back THOUSANDS of years. It does NOT help that both countries bring their kids up from the cradle to hate the other either

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• For the second time in two days, I agree with you.

Somewhere, deep in he**, it's snowing. ;D
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You have to take that issue back about 500 yrs not just 1953
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You do know Teddy Roosevelts grandson was one of the masterminds of the coup and it was done for the British, not the US.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Carpy, I think you argue for the sake of arguing. The link I posted is one complied by the BBC and begins in 1953. Britain isn't seeking a way to share blame, but the statement is such that it shines light on the actions of both countries. The US and Britain were in cahoots in the overthrow efforts. Like it or not, our government had a hand in it. Unfortunately, our current governments (meaning worldwide--not just the US) will have to deal with a legacy of aggression, manipulation and such and it is coming back to bite us in the fanny with big, sharp, nuclear teeth and a madman chomping at the bit for a war. Sometimes I think Achmedi-blah, blah (man that name is impossible) had wanted into the Iraq conflict but could find no way to get into the action and the lack of attention was too much.  Now he has to tools and means to construct an A-bomb.  Terrifying!

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 7:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Just call him imadinnerjacket everyone will know who you mean.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• LOL loving...I prefer to call him Ahmacrazyguy! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Carpy, I think you argue for the sake of arguing.

What is arguing, about stating facts?? otherwise I agree with you. But its a very long history. The whole middle east is afraid of Iran. Thats why Saddam let the world to believe he had WMD. To keep Iran at bay.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The guy who wants to wipe Israel off the map is a jew himself! heard on kyw news radio, this weekend!
    Someone has to bomb him! b4 he pulls the nuke trigger!
    4artistsmom

Answer by 4artistsmom at 8:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• lovingangels--that is very funny! imadinnerjacket! At least I can spell that!

Carpy, agreed--the terrifying history of Iran is long reaching.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2009