decorating pumpkins

Next week my son has to bring $1.25 to school and supplys to decorate his pumpkin.I need some good ideas for him because i need to go to wal-mart and get some stuff to decorate his pumpkin with and you ladies always offer great ideas on stuff so i figured that i would start here so if you have any good decorating ideas for a pumkin please let me know.He is a 1st grade boy by the way if that helps.thanks:)

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd get some stickers for the pumpkin. They have some that are for making a face on it, or he could just get some stickers he likes if he doesn't want to make a face. Have fun!!!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Is paint an option? We did glow in the dark art paint last year on my sons pumpkin and added googly eyes, a pom pom nose and sunflower seed teeth. It was a big hit.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We always carve pumpkins at home. But, I always get some smaller pumpkins for my son to decorate by himself. I found, at Target, Mr. Potato Head pieces made for pumpkins! They have spokes on them so all you have to do is push them into the pumpkin. They are really cute! we get compliments on them every year.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 6:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2009