anyone have this happen?

i will be 38 wk tomorrow,i went to L&D friday the 2nd w/contractions from hell.i had a little bit of show.the docs put me on the monitor for an hour and right away they told me they would not be checking my cervix cause i am scheduled for a c section and to check me would be pointless.i was contracting every 2 mins.the nurse came in and checked my cervix anyway,she had to go really high to find it.she told me i was completely closed but the tip was opening just a little and said i was 10% effaced.so they kept me on the monitor.i was in L&D for 4 hours contracting like crazy still.doc came in took some specimens from my vagina and also did a strip test to make sure i didnt break my h20.everything was negative,they also took urine and blood still negative.they ended up giving me terbutaline to stop the contractions and they SENT ME HOME!I dont understand y they sent me home if i was contracting. MORE TO FOLLOW BELOW

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Doctors are so dumb these days i sometimes wonder if they could be retarded. Seriously, i would call back and make a huge beef and make sure you tell your previous experience to everyone. If the contractions start again I would not let them send me home without doing a c-section. It sounds like what happened with your first baby was serious. Don't let the issue go. Eventually they'll give in just to get you off their back.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• This is my 3rd pregnancy,miscarried 1@6wk.I did not dialate at all with my son when i went into labor with him.my cervix was actually swelling facing my spine and riding up my spine.i told the doc and nurse this and yet they still didnt do anything.was it right for them to send me home if i wasent dialated but contracting like crazy??
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I was put on that but I was 80% effaced and 4 cm dialated. They put me on that and sent me home. I stopped taking it because it was making me feel like I was on speed or something. Whatever made you really jumpy and your heart race like crazy. I ended up having my daughter a week later.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• at first i told them i didnt want the terbutaline shot, and the doc looked at me like i was crazy.i finally gave in and took it and it made me really shaky.before they gave me the shot i begged and pleaded with the doc and the nurse to take my daughter out,they flat out told me no cause she is not ready yet they said that it would be safer if i took her out at 38 weeks.which i thought was total BS cause i thought after 25 weeks they can survive outside the womb??the other thing is not even 2 hours after they gave me the shot i was contracting again.there is 2 other hospitals near by that i could go to and have them check me out,i was seriously thinking about going to a different hospital.i have an appt on thursday.my husband and i both dont think i will last till this weekend.we think our daughter will be here sometime this week.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• just because the baby can survive at 25 weeks doesn't always mean they have the best chances. most babies born that early have loads of medical problems and are generally in the NICU for at least a month or more, some don't even make it long enough to come home. What they might have been worried about is the maturity of her lungs, though at almost 38 weeks you can only guess that they would be matured enough for her to come out. I would call your doctor first thing in the morning and talk to them, see if they will move your c-section up so that you aren't in pain. If you already have one scheduled for this week, changing the day shouldn't be a problem.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2009