question regarding baby poop that is watery.*gross*

my son is 6 months old and exclusively breastfed. He has been sick and teething for a week but today he has been feeling better. No fever and actually sleeping soundly.

WEll a few minutes ago I changed the strangest diaper. It was watery, not runny but actually mostly clear and just like water. With some green chunks and a lot of clear, stringy mucous. So watery that it leaked out of the diaper and when I took the diaper off it was dripping just like water.

Should I call the doctor now... wait till tommorow/or if it happens again... Or just not worry about it unles it does happen again?

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 3:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's probably just swallowing lots of drool, and having to much fore milk will make his poop green. I wouldn't worry about it. Breastfed baby teething diapers tend to be on the strange side. At least all of my babies were. As long as it doesn't keep happening he's probably fine.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If he continues to have frequent watery stool then I would call. Otherwise it's not a big deal. if he is on baby foods I would give things that will help bulk up his stool.... rice cereal, apple sauce and banana's
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• For pretty much everything that doesnt look world ending (like blood in the stool) I have a 24 hour rule. If it happens again in or lasts more than 24 hours I call the doctor about it. I also have a 1-800 number from insurance for a nurse to call and ask. See if there is one on the back of your insurance card to contact.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009