Can you have a period while being pregnant

Can you have a irreg peroid if you are pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes you can! I had 4 kids and I had my period almost the whole time with one and had small periods with the others! All of my babies were healthy.

Anonymous

• Yes you can. A friend of mine did the whole time & she did not know she was pregnant till she went into labor. She is a big girl so no weight gain.
    Anonymous

• It's not technically a period. You can have bleeding at the time when you would have been having periods.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• People confuse it as a "period" but you cant have an actual period because if you did all of the lining of your uterus would be shed & the baby would have no place to live. You can bleed while pregnant but like the above person said, it's not technically a menstrual period.
    What triggers a period is a drop in hormone level because the egg was not fertilized & implanted. If you have an implanted, fertilized egg you can not have a true period.
    Anonymous