Will you pull your kids out of school if

the swine flu gets bad in their school? Are you going to get your kids the swine flu shot? No need to bash this is a honest question. I just want to know what other people are planing to do if this gets way out of hand!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• i def. will pull my dd out if i have to . luckily my dd did not get it yet but her bro & i have. so she has been staying w/ family to prevent her from catching it from us. i dont know how we got it but it is awful. be careful when you go out.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Sure, I'll pull them out if necessary, until it is under control.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• No shots for anyone here. We'll see what happens, if it actually gets here. I'm really not too worried.
    Anonymous

• no swine or regular flu shots here. And probably not. Seriously if you pull your kid out for every little health scare they'd never go.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Nope

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We don't get flu shots. As for pulling them out....in a nearby county, there was a class of 23 students that 16 of them plus the teacher were out with the flu (they did not specify if it was regular or swine). If it got THAT bad, then yes, I would take my kids out for a little while. But if one of them comes home and tells me Jason or Joanna has the flu, I'm not going to yank them. No reason to make them fall behind and have more struggles with school over something that may not even affect them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• There are many cases here...also a few right down the block. Kids are still going to school. This flu won't be dangerous unless the kids have some other problem . Nobody is getting scared here. The school will decide if there is a good reason to close school. Some of the kids and families have receive the usual flu shots but the Swine Flu,whatever, shots are not here yet.
    Anonymous

• My son is getting the regular and Swine flu shots and no, I won't pull him out of school. My son's school district has a protocol in place if the Swine flu gets as bad as they say. If it is that bad, the schools will close down on their own.

anon 4:33: the reason medical community is so worried about Swine Flu is because it is affecting HEALTHY kids aged 6mo-24 years the worst. Otherwise healthy kids are being adversley affected.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Both my kids are in college and hubbys DD from his first marriage is in college also. ALL 3 of them got the shot. In my opinion? Vaccines=BAD You can still get H1N1 even if you got the vaccine and the flu vaccine only covers 3 or less strains of the flu that is constantly mutating.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Two of the kids' schools (I have 4 kids on 3 schools) have had several cases of swine flu... my 15 yr old had it already and was out of school for just over a week. It was miserable, but she was fine after about 5 days. I really don't trust the vaccine since it is so new and not tested much. After the experience we had with my dd I am fine with the kids getting it. I don't want them to get it, but if they do I won't be scared. We know what symptom changes to look for (difficulty breathing, etc) and would call the doctor if any of those occur. It's all about being practical and using common sense.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009