About 16 weeks preggo and for 2 weeks I've been waking up at 5am with bad headaches....anyone else experiencce this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's your hormones, sweetie. I
    Anonymous

• That's definitely something to talk to your doc/ob about. It could be due to a number of things. You can also try getting a new, better-supporting pillow.
    Anonymous

• Its probably hormones. The second trimester is always hard for me because if the headaches...they are worse than all the first trimester symptoms put together. Try to keep yourself really hydrated..that does help a lot.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I'm experiencing that right now, and I'm just not going into my second tri. I have those excruciating headaches - they're actually migraines, and had to get prescription medication. My OB told me it was from hormones, and the blood vessels swelling and it's typical to feel the pressure point at the base of your skull or your forehead. He told me at around 16 weeks is when it'll go away for me.
    Maybe you're opposite. :]

Either way, if Tylenol doesn't help, I would definitely bring it up with your doc/ob and ask if there's a prescription form you can take.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have headaches throghout my entire pregnancy. It happend to me every time i was pregnant, but this preg. it is much worse.....every day all day and night. Nothing seems to work for me. I hope you find something that helps you to feel better.
    Anonymous

• Yeppers! Been there, still doing the same! The doctor told me that I'm not drinkin enough fluids... When they put me in the hospital for 2 hours for a bag of IV fluids, I felt better and kept the headaches away for 2 weeks! But as long as I'm steadily drinking water and constantly having to pee, the headaches seem to be keeping away! lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• yep....it sure is....drink plenty of fluids
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2009