What do you do to help focus?

Weather it is school (for the kids) or work (for yourself)?

I can't seem to focus even my kids are like Idk or I don't understand, what can be done...Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• In my opinion it's a matter of self discipline. You have to make yourself focus. Short of that, ADD or ADHD medication can help you focus. You have to see a special Dr to be diagnosed with ADD or ADHA and to get the medication for it. Some people just dont have the will power to make themselves do things they dont really want to. We are all wired differently.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Im not sure what you need to focus on, but try getting organized. Put up little notes to yourself all over the house. Buying things help get me motivated...like
    I have a giant erase borad calender on my fridge. It is on the fridge and it gets noticed everyday and I write EVERY thing on it, like school events, company, bills due, babysitting stuff, the lawnmowers day.....everything! I bought cool markers and I draw pictures on it. The kids love to help me draw on it and it helps them remember too. Best wishes!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Meditation, deep breathing
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I was just diagnosed with adult ADD myself. If this lack of focus is a persistent problem (lasting for 6 months or longer), check the website I have posted and see if the symptoms apply to you. Some people can manage symptoms on their own with a change in diet and supplements such as fish oil capsules,while others need medication. ADD is not a willpower problem, it is an imbalance in your brain. Good luck!

http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_adult_symptoms.htm
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 5:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I have ADD and I have zero ability to focus... I've never been able to. If you really have a difficult time you may want to discuss it with a good psychiatrist. There is a whole battery of tests that they do to rule in or rule out AD/HD. And I agree with the pp that said it is not a willpower problem. For people with ADD it is an imbalance. I don't use medication and I can do pretty well with trick that my psych doctor has given me, but there are times when I really think meds would be best for me. It sucks when you can't get anything done... especially when you have kids to worry about too.

Try writing everything down and using a planner for EVERYTHING. Somethimes that has helped me, but usually I just forget I have it.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Hemp Oil capsules

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2009