What can I do for my two month old corrected age 2 weeks ( born at 30 weeks premature) for her stuffy/runny nose?

She is fussy and cranky, sleeps little, and can not be calmed even by holding. I have used the suction bulb on her and it does not work for long.

lilyemama

Asked by lilyemama at 5:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is nothing that you can give them this young. Try a humidifier, or take her in the bathroom and run the shower for a while, good and hot, that may help a little.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Since your baby was a premie you really need to be careful about RSV. Babies can get sick very quickly with RSV and have to be hospitalized. Bottle fed babies are at much much greater risk than breastfed babies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• anything but a humidifier,the bath is better my doctor said they are bad for kids and yes im a mom of a preemie (now 3) born at 30 weeks as well.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Im not sure for a preemie. Call the hospital that you gave birth at and ask to speak to a nurse. Ask for advice. Ask them if it is ok to elevate her crib mattress just a little bit. Ask about sea saline drops for her nose.
    You can also call your pediatricians office. I do it all the time and ask for over the counter stuff. I think my pediatrician will tell me rather than squeeze me into an appointment that is already an overcrowded schedule.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My dd actually seemed to like me putting a plunger lol in her nose and snarfling the snot out... she had/has small nasal passages and would get congested easily... suction the snot out and keep her space hydrated.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2009