It has been two months since my c section. Should I still be having pain from the surgery?

I still have pulling at the incision site at times. Also I feel burning inside my abdominal area almost like I have pulled it or something. Is it normal?

lilyemama

Asked by lilyemama at 5:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• yeah thats normal. its been almost 8 months and i still have that. its completely normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yeap, it's normal. Take time to rest, your body went through major surgery and needs time to heal. I wasn't even allowed to lift my son for the first 2-3 weeks, no stairs for the same amount of time. I couldn't drive for 8 weeks, I did early and figured out why they said to wait. I never realized how many muscles it takes to drive a car. I was sore for a week.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• It's a major surgery. It can take a long time to recover. You may always have some pain. Why doesn't anyone tell women this?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• usually my belly is numb after a c-section, but i have never felt pain inside after 2 months (all of my pain has always gone away completely by 2 weeks for each of my 3 c-sections). you might want to call the dr. just to be sure or to ask what might cause it and how you could avoid doing that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I'd section in june and was still in pain In aug...if these answers aren't to your satisfactory I'd def go to dr... I went to my OB 3x cuz I just didn't feel comfortable. Sections take a bit of time to heal...
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 9:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2009