Should I make my two month old wear clothes to sleep in?

My daughter is two months old and when I put her in sleepers to go to bed she cries, kicks, or will not go to sleep. She sleeps better in just a diaper at night (we call her naked baby). Should I just go ahead and make her wear pajamas to bed or let her sleep naked?

lilyemama

Asked by lilyemama at 6:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• NO, I've got summer babies and if I was hot I knew they were also. I also asked their pedo doc and she said it was fine
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 6:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I would try to at least put a onesie on to keep her chest warm. Then some socks too if she doesn't mind. You don't have to put her in actual pj's.
    Anonymous

• ive always let my lil one go around the house and sleep in just a dipar,as she is getting older i put a shirt on her around the house but she still sleeps inaked.even if it is cold in the room she does not want any covers on her,she will wake up when i put some on her.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• my first son was the same way...... if i would try to put clothes on him he would sweat to death, so i just let him be and he was just fine.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Depends on the weather where you are at. Here it is low 40s at night and our house is kept at 60 at night so yes my child would have clothes on to sleep in. I did however let them sleep naked in the summer time when they were babies quite often.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My oldest son hated to be swaddled, wear a hat, or wear warm clothes when he was a baby. We used to get lectured by my MIL and little old ladies at the store because we didn't put hats on him. He would scream bloody murder if we did, and he never has had an ear infection, and he's 9 years old now. If she's comfortable, then just dress her in a diaper. If it appears she's getting cold, you can always just put something thin on her that she won't find too restrictive, like a onesie or one of those thin gowns.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2009