TMI and horribly embarrassing....please help?

My husband and i had a few drinks with some friends and got a little drunk. We had sex and i HAD a tampon in....now i cant' find it and im afraid it may still be inside. I've scoured the bedroom for it and tried feeling around as far as i could but cant feel it. Any suggestions on how to (if its still in there) get it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• Happened to me..... (this is gross!!!) I couldn't find it... I went to the doc and told them what had happened. THEY COULDN'T FIND IT EITHER!!! Finally after searching for what felt like forever, he says " If its in there it will come out on it's own, kinda like a splinter" So I go home and sure enough, after like 2 or 3 hours I feel it slide out into my underwear......( I told you this was gross!!!)
    The End...lol
    PS. If you douche it will fill it with water, and it will be easier to find if its still in there. Hope my story helps:)
    Anonymous

• When this happens, it takes some time for the vagina to relax and change position so that the tampon will return to its usual place, or at least to a more accessible location. Try "fishing around" for the tampon or string with your clean index finger. If you're not able to find it, try asking a partner.

Otherwise, see your health care provider. Explain the situation, and tell her/him that you are concerned about the loss, the odor, and toxic shock syndrome (TSS)
    directmommy

Answer by directmommy at 6:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Thanks you SO much ANON. And i know i feel gross too......i just want to find it. I think im going to get a douche and try that. Although its a "Light" tampon so i hope it fills enough for me to find it
    Anonymous