what does someone need to know who has just started going to church and wanting to learn about God

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• your reason? what has happened,that you need God in your life now? any one can go to church,any one can learn about GOD. Try getting the King James Bible,to start with, start with a prayer every day of your family,friends life. Ask God to help you to understand him,,he will answer you,have an open heart..
    Anonymous

• The first thing that comes to my mind is that God has a name....do you know what it is?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Come as you are. No matter what your situation may be, He loves and cares for you very much. And yea, anyone can go to church, but its your faith and relationship with God that matters. Church has its purpose; it is a fellowship of other Christians to share their beliefs and to help strengthen one another. Also, the sermons help you better understand what the scriptures in the bible mean and speak to your heart. And pray...pray like you're talking to your best friend. There's no wrong way to do it. You can yell, cry, be angry, laugh, and most importantly, be honest. He won't judge you and or make things go bad for you. He delivers only GOOD and the devil is the one brings the bad. GOD can use someone to help you along (even a non-believer) with what you need. You may not get the answer as quickly or exactly what you want, but trust in HIM that there's a reason for it and you may never understand why. Have faith. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 6:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• The most important thing, in my opinion, is that you seek God on your own. There are alot of false teachings out there, teachings that go against scripture (I'm assuming your a christian) so it's up to you. Pray, study and seek. God will reveal himself to you if you honestly seek him. The Holy Spirit will let you know what is truth and what isn't. Jesus will never let you be snatched from his hand if you have faith.

I hope this helps :-)
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• There will be people in your life who will discourage you from trying to have a relationship with God. When bad things happen God is still there with you- so never give up faith.- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. 
(Matthew 7:11)God’s love is pure. Because He is love, He loves to give. Jesus said He gives good things to those who ask Him . (John 3:16). “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life”
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Where the EXITs are! Get out now!
    Anonymous

• If you are wanting to learn about God then you need not be influenced by the church. FInd out what and who God is and means to you. You dont need a church to tell you that...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Know that God loves you and knows what's best for you. He loves you so much that he sent his only son Jesus for your salvation. Pray everyday. Know that he can read your heart and knows what you need even before you ask for it. The more you learn about him, the more you will grow to love him more and draw closer to him. Pray to God for guidance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• watch intouch.org video great pastor listen now!
    4artistsmom

Answer by 4artistsmom at 10:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I think it depends on which religion you are choosing. Im Catholic, just started back now with my two little girls. I enrolled them in Sunday School, and I enrolled myself in RCIA -- relilgious education for adults. Its teaching me about Christianity, Catholicism and all of the above. After the course, my little girls will be baptised and I'll be confirmed.

Perhaps check with your church and see what sort of Adult Faith Formation (or Religious Education) they offer. Thats one place to start.
    MegaMamaTX

Answer by MegaMamaTX at 6:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2009