I'm already five days past my missed period yet the pregancy test result is negative...

If it is likely that I'm pregnant I would only be three weeks along so at what point do the pregnancy tests start to detect the hormones?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Just because you are late with your periond does not mean your pregnant. Could mean your just late. Or you are stressed.

Answer by louise2 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• it depends on how much you are producing. . I was 12 days passed before I got a positive this pregnancy, with my First I hadn't even missed my period yet but I had extremely high hormones with her. If your that worried ask your doctor to do a blood test. Or just try and Relax.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 6:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I'm trying but my periods are never this late. So that's why I'm concerned. But I see my doc on thursday so I'll know by then. And I'm not saying I'm pregnant or not I just wanna know when the hormones can be detected.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I was pregnant after going to the health dept for a test - it was negative I did a home one it was negative. When I went to the doctor the test was positive. It could be either.
    deedon

Answer by deedon at 9:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Most tests you can buy say they are 99% accurate on the day after you period is due. If you are pregnant you should be able to tell with a pee test by now. Or you may have mis counted your days & really are preg. yet the test isn't showing up yet. They count from the first day of your last period, so if you are pregnant you would actually be considered to be about 5 weeks right now. Not 3...it would be three gestational age but that dont go by that. Pregnancy is counted by weeks & you are pregnant for 40 weeks which works out to 10 mo. actually.
    Anonymous

• Okay it's day seven of my missed period...I think. THe last couple days I've been getting spotting but it's been brown and very very light. Anyone else have this experience? My periods are never brown. Except when I had my first but at that time the spotting was pink. So...could it be a pg or is it just a period starting up? I haven't gotten heavier and usualy I do. Sorry for the annoying "Am I pregnant?" questions but I just need opinions really.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2009