Has anyone's child had N1H1 flu?

Was your child given medicine?
How long did it take your child to get well?
Are there other things in addition to or besides the medicine (if the doc doesn't give it) that can help your child get well?
If your child did have it...what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you mean H1N1 Flu as in Swine Flu
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 6:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Good god. Get it right first.
    Anonymous

• How would you know if they had swine flu since it is the SAME symptoms as the other flu strands out there?
    Anonymous

• Swine flu or H1N1 includes vomiting and diarrhea along with the normal signs of the flu..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If a child has all the flu symptoms (add on diarrhea and vomiting) and the regular flu culture comes back negative then chances are extremely high that they have the swine flu, they also have a specific test to detect the swine flu. My son currently has it and we only had 2 bad days of really high fever, diarrhea and vomiting, another 2 days of a medium grade fever with diarrhea along with sleeping all day and night.. then today he was back to normal bouncing around like his normal self. The only meds prescribed were zofran for nausea and vomiting and I forced pedialyte in him constantly. To be honest with you, he has been down worse with the regular flu than he was this time around.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Thank you to those of you who actually answered my question and didn't make fun of me for getting it backwards.

I'm a concerned mother and just needed answers not a bunch of people making me feel like an idiot.
    Anonymous

• Don't let the stupid people get to ya.. They're just oh so perfect *Rolls eyes*
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Awe ppl on here are so mean. Anyway, sorry I don't have an answer. I just popped on because I was also curious
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• kalebsmommee
    how old was your little guy when he had it?
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• He's 4 and just now getting over it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2009