What do you do about this?

When you are just starting to believe in God, but you still have doubts that it's all real. What made you believe? Is there a day where it just hits you and until then it's an ongoing struggle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Everyone is different. The questions you have or even the doubts are valid, bring them to God. Pray for the truth and the ability to discern what is true and what is false. I don't know if you are Christian or not but the Bible says that God will reveal himself to anyone who seeks him.

The most important thing that I can say to you (in my opinion) is that you should never just take someone else's word for what truth is, seek the answers yourself- believe not just in faith but in mind and logic.

I hope this has helped :-)
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I started believing the day when I was about 7 years old and couldn't stop the pain and illness inside of me. My grandma prayed over me and asked me several times if I believed in GOD and I repeatedly said, NO! It was strange, I felt something dark was around me and was causing this wretching pain...I couldn't stop vomiting. In the heat of everything, I screamed out YES! OK, YES! And suddenly, I felt at peace and my pain disappeared. I couldn't believe it. There was something to this GOD. After that, my curiousity fueled my passion to knowing Him. And for over 20 years, that was the best day of my life. I was born again. The best part of having a relationship with GOD is knowing that no matter how you feel or what you do, GOD is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He will still be good to you no matter how many times you shun Him. He accepts you as you are and will take you back anytime.
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 6:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• There will be days where you're not sure He's there, but He is. You may not see the whole picture He has for you in your life, but He is good and brings only good. "There is a time for everything." And pray...pray like you would talking to your best friend. There's no wrong way to do it. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I think it would be normal to look around and see all the bad things and wonder if God is real. You just have to build and trust in your relationship with God thru prayer. What helps me to remember to believe is that God gave mankind perfection in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve with Satan's help ruined that for us, not God. So I dont blame God for the bad things we see. He plans to keep his promise by rewarding us everlasting life one day.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I just got my husband to start going to church with me(we're both christian) we've been going about a month now. I just felt like something was missing in my life and i didn't like the way things were in how I treated my husband or how we fought so much. I realized that when we were around christian people they always seem happy. I want that for us and I want to raise my 1 year old son to belive in God and have a good life. I just can't help but feel like with all the bad that's happened in my life that their really isn't a God because he wouldn't let that happen, ya know? Today I was born again at church and I am doubting myself again because they say once you are born again things will change I just don't see how this one little prayer will change my life. Like I have to be doing something else too. I guess I really don't feel worthy enough. I don't know how to explain it. I'm just lost. Our sermon today was on the.....
    Anonymous

• Lies that Satan tells us to get us into his web so we won't believe or trust in God and I guess that's the life I've been living for the past 24 years and now i'm struggling to get out of it. I just have a real hard time understanding a lot of what the Bible says and what some of the words mean. Some things can be interpreted many different ways.

Anonymous

• Change happens over time. You've made the first step that the devil is preventing you from making and he is trying everything to make you not believe and lose faith. Don't worry. You'll get stronger in your faith through your prayers and the support & prayers of other fellow Christians. You are worthy. You may not feel it or see it right now, but GOD is working in your life and it will get better. =) Life has its ups and downs, but GOD will help you get through it all. =) I will pray for you and your family. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 7:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Make up your mind that you will not ever doubt again, no matter what. When the doubt comes to your mind---resist it. Say something like "get away Satan, in Jesus' name." Say that a hundred times a day, if you have to. You will be strengthened. You start doubting less and less, till you don't doubt again. Don't let the devil take away the word from your heart. Don't fall away in times of testing. Don't get choked by this life's worries, riches and pleasures. See Luke 8:11.
    Anonymous

• To anon o9, Did you get baptized yet? I hope you stop doubting and never give up. The bible says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey. Read all of John 14:15-31. Read what Jesus says about the Holy Spirit. Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
    Anonymous

• I just have to repeat those beautiful, amazing words again..... Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
    Anonymous