Can a 2 week old smile?

My2 weeks old smiled at me yesterday when he heard my voice and I rubbed his head. Someone said it was gas, but again this morning he was laying there looking and around and I talked to him and touched his head and he smiled again.
I think he knows my voice and he was happy!

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He smiled:)
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I dont know but my baby girl just smiled for the first time awake today. its was really cute. She usually smiles in her sleep
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yes they can. My LO smiled at her dad for the first time at 10 days old and at me at 3 weeks old. She had a much greater bond with daddy from the start. Relish in the fact that your LO knows your voice and can respond to you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I swear my 15day old is smiling at me. Sometimes she does smile and then I'll hear her pass gas, but there are times when she shoot a quick grin if me or her father are making goofy faces at her.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My son did when he was 2 wks. Its awesome isn't it?
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• yes, my daughter does and she is 2 weeks. i think they say they should smile responsively by 3 months or something as a milestone so you will know if there is something wrong with the kid or not..
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• some babies can!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2009